Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is one of the top online business opportunities, along with affiliate marketing. There a many MLMs that I consider to be SCAMs. This article will provide only the top 10 MLM Business Opportunities, that are not SCAMs, but legitimate online business opportunities.
What Exactly is Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)?
Multi-Level Marketing, aka MLM, is essentially a form of direct sales home business, where independent members sell products/services from a company to someone else who is interested in the product/services being sold. It is called multi-level because each representative has the ability to recruit and train other recruits to start their own MLM business. Each representative can earn a commission on their recruit’s sales.
Money earned in MLM comes from commissions you earn on personal product/service sales, along with a percentage of the sales earned by other reps recruited by you.
Why are MLMs so Lucrative?
The truth is, it isn’t for everyone. The people in MLMs who understand online business and are willing to put in the work can make as much money as they want. You have to be willing to recruit people like yourself to build your downline. The bigger you downline(s), the more commissions you have the potential to make. Just look at Avon or Amway, these MLMs have made many people very rich.
If you really like the product or service you are promoting, and you can recruit a lot of people to do it with you, there is really no limit to how much money you can make, as long as all your downlines are also recruiting as many people as possible.
Are MLMs Really Just Pyramid Schemes?
The hierarchy of MLMs can look like a Pyramid scheme. The difference is, in a pyramid scheme/scam, recruits are encouraged to bring more and more recruits that have to pay a large fee to join and most of that money flows to the top of the pyramid. MLMs sell real products and grow their downlines to sell more products and earn more commissions.
Which MLMs Should You Totally Avoid?
There are many red flags to bogus MLMs.
Following is a list of big-time red flags of MLMs to avoid like the plague:
- They don’t have any real or obvious product or service to sell.
- They want you to invest a considerable amount of money. The more you invest the higher in the pyramid you exist. Many also want more investments later.
- They will promise you big gains in your bank account with little to no effort.
- The worst ones will have pretty much no training for you to learn the business.
- Hard to know when they are telling the truth or big lies just to rope you in.
Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true, run away as fast as you can!
What Makes a Good MLM?
Great MLM business opportunities are usually pretty obvious to spot.
They will be real companies with the following attributes:
- They will have a reputable service or product of real value to sell.
- Usually will have a small startup cost to get you going.
- They will include tools to help you sell the products or services.
- Many will provide you with the ability to earn even more than the people above you. Pyramids don’t allow this to happen.
- They will let you know that your earning will be based on your own sales, along with the sales of your recruits. This is all based on your own effort.
- You will be provided with comprehensive training that will teach you how to sell the products/services. You will also learn how to properly recruit your downline and all about the communication of sales.
- They don’t have high-pressure tactics to rope you in, and you will be provided with all the information you need to make your own decision on whether to join the MLM or not.
- You will be shown the hierarchy options to build your business along with the financial benefit options of each.
Real MLMs are real business opportunities with real products or services that provide customers with real value in many different niches. They provide you with a real opportunity to create your own online business and you can grow it as big as you want with some real-time, effort and dedication.
What are the Top 10 MLMs for 2020?
I can’t even tell you how many valid MLMs exist online today, but I can tell you which ones I decided should be in the top ten. This information is based on weeks of research and reading tons of reviews. Enjoy and I hope you find something that you are interested in.
Here are my Top 10 MLMs for 2020:
- Amway has to go on top. They have been around since 1959. Currently, they are the world’s largest direct selling company, with over $8.8 Billion in reported sales in 2018. They manufacture and distribute products in nutrition, beauty, personal care and also home products. Amway’s products are sold in over 100 different countries through their independently-owned businesses. They have an excellent compensation plan. They are obviously very experienced in the MLM industry. Another great thing about Amway is there cost to join is very low compared to other top MLMs. With Amway, there are three ways to make money; sell products, recruit new members and other bonuses. The more people you recruit and the more products you sell, the more money you make. I am personally afraid that Amway is oversaturated since they have been around for so long. If you can recruit new independent business owners to join, this MLM is a good fit for you. It isn’t for me.
- Avon is easily number two behind Amway. Avon Products, Inc. is an MLM and direct sales company. They sell household, beauty, and personal care products and have been around for a very long time. The company was actually started in 1886 to empower women, way before they were even given the right to vote. They are headquartered in New York City have more than 33,000 associates. This company is very important to women’s rights and they donate close to a billion dollars a year to vital women’s causes. Avon representatives sell door-to-door via catalogs but are also online nowadays. I remember women having Avon parties at their houses to promote products and recruit new members. I am sure that is still done today. The startup fees for Avon are very low and are mostly geared to women. There are still many women in today’s world who love to use Avon products. I think this is a great way for women to make a great living.
- Herbalife is a global nutrition company with the intent of helping people everywhere to pursue healthy active lives. Herbalife has distributors in over 90 countries. They are based out of Los Angeles since 1980. They offer focused nutrition for men, women and children’s health. Also in their product line is weight management, stress management, immune and digestive health. They are considered to have the following benefits of membership: competitive compensation plan, good training programs, and a transparent distribution model to make it easier for people around the world to start and improve their businesses. I like their products and potential for earning some good money, and they are really trying to make people more healthy with their products.
- Forever Living is a health and wellness network marketing company. They are operated in more than 155 countries. As of the writing of this article, they have over 9.5 million distributors around the world. They started up in Scottsdale, Arizona in 1978, so they are very well established in the multi-level marketing world. They are considered the largest grower, manufacturer, and distributor of aloe vera products in the world. Their products include bee products, essential oils, aloe vera based juices, and cosmetics. They are also popular for their nutritional supplements, weight loss, and weight management products, along with many personal care products. Benefits of joining Forever Living are: Low startup cost, high commissions are possible, great products, a top-level training program, good recruitment money to make and excellent discounts and bonuses can be had.
- doTERRA is a health and wellness MLM in the essential oils industry. It is based out of Pleasant Grove, Utah. doTerra has products consisting of more than 100 essential oils, skincare, weight management, and nutritional supplements. The company includes around 1300 employees along with more than 3 million independent distributors. Even though they are relatively new, they reached over 1 billion dollars in revenue in their first seven years. Some of the benefits of becoming a member of doTERRA are as follows; Very high customer retention rate, low startup costs (but the membership options go up quick), certified therapeutic grade products, great training and support, high compensation and much more.
- Shaklee is an MLM company that started in 1956, the year my wife was born (don’t tell here I told you that). Their focus is all about the over 200 nutritional and skincare products, dietary supplements, multivitamin-mineral supplements, and their home care products. This company invests more than $250 million in researching eco-friendly products every year for their consumers. Shaklee generates $844 million in global revenue per year. There is definitely money to be made with this MLM as they have created at least 2,000 millionaires. Benefits of this MLM are; positive product reviews, good distributor reviews, full disclosure of incomes, good support and tools for distributors, membership discounts for a one time fee, and full money-back guarantee of all products. Shaklee is a highly respected force in the health and wellness industry. Their compensation plan rewards sales over recruitment efforts. This is a great thing for individuals who would prefer to sell products.
- Young Living is my pick for the best essential oils MLM, although doTERRA is close. Young Living Essential Oils is a multi-level marketing company that was founded in 1993. Young Living products include essential oils, the Young Living Home Diffuser, Slique Essence products, Savvy Minerals, and other personal health and essential oil-based products. Young Living Essential Oils has one of the largest farm networks in the direct sales industry. Young Living’s Seed to Seal farms is located in seven locations throughout the world, including Idaho, Utah, Ecuador, Peru, France, and Oman. The farms select the highest quality seeds to use, plant and cultivate the seed, distill, test and package the product for Young Living Essential Oils. Benefits of joining this MLM include; Good Commission Rates, Starter Package choices from $40 – $160, awesome membership benefits, and the seed to seal farms. There is also plenty of great training and support from team leaders.
- Nu Skin is a premium skincare MLM that provides some of the top anti-aging products. Nu Skin was started in Provo, Utah in 1984. The company sells only the best quality personal care products, with a specialization in anti-aging products and dietary supplements. Nu Skin provides high commissions to its distributors and is known for its partnership with Sanford for research for skin aging and skincare. The startup costs can be a bit pricey, depending on which package you choose, up to as much as $1299. Although Nu Skin products are known to work very well, their market is pretty saturated. This will make it difficult to really make a lot of money with this MLM.
- Primerica is a financial services MLM that has been around for a long time. Primerica is a company that uses the MLM business model to provide term life insurance, investments like mutual funds, auto insurance, home insurance, prepaid legal services, ID theft protection, personalized solutions, and financial education services. They want to help people become fully protected and eventually financially independent. Some of the benefits of becoming a member of Primerica are; Average startup fee, good products and services, a financial needs analysis, good reviews, and a good company reputation. One thing I don’t like is they charge you an extra $25 a month to get the training you need. That should be included in the startup fee. I also did not like their recruitment tactics. It just wasn’t for me, but I do think it can be very profitable if you can do it.
- Enersource is my pick for the best new MLM for 2020. Enersource is a top-level producer of health and nutritional supplements of the highest quality. They are based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. For a full review of Enersource, CLICK HERE.
Of the ten MLMs listed above, my #1 choice is doTERRA.
To MLM or Not to MLM, that is the Question. My Answer is a Resounding YES!
MLMs are definitely not for everyone. But if you are willing and able to recruit new members to be in your group, you can make a ton of cash while at the same time selling the products or services yourself. Many people have become financially independent with MLMs. Will you be the next millionaire in one of these MLMs? I hope so. Go for it if it is something that sounds interesting to you.
For those of you not interested in doing the MLM thing, maybe you would be interested in starting your own online business in affiliate marketing. Click the following banner and you can get started today for FREE and even create two of your own websites as a starter, also for FREE. Best affiliate marketing training available anywhere!