Are you an affiliate marketer and not making any money yet? I have seen many people in the same situation and it is time to finally reveal the “SECRET” to affiliate marketing for the very first time. Other people have tried and failed to provide the truth about affiliate marketing. In this article, I am not going to hold back, but instead, I will tell you the way and it really is and how to be successful in affiliate marketing.
But First, What is Affiliate Marketing for Those Interested?
To put it in simple and straightforward terms, affiliate marketing is creating links in your content, videos or other media where you direct users to other people’s products. You never need any of your own products. You don’t ever deal with returns or refunds. You have no inventory to deal with.
That’s it, just send your users or readers to places to buy the product or service they are looking for and you get a commission for every sale made. You just sit back and collect money into your account. Easy right? Not really that simple, unless you have the proper training and understand how to get traffic to your website and even more important, how to convert them into customers so you get commissions. You must be dedicated to the process required in affiliate marketing and you need to have the time needed to commit to it.
It is pretty easy to get started in affiliate marketing.
How Does Someone Get Started in Affiliate Marketing?
The easiest way to get started in affiliate marketing is to find a place to create your own website. On that website, you will create what is called high-quality content. This content will be written about various subjects in a niche you will choose, that you are very knowledgable about or are passionate about.
Here is a list of the basic steps to becoming an affiliate marketer, in order:
- Choose a niche – This is maybe the most critical part of starting in affiliate marketing. A niche is just a subject that you may know a lot about or it could be something you are passionate about and you can do a ton of research to learn more about. You can learn everything you need about your niche by using a tool like Uber Suggest, which is free.
- Pick your Domain Name – Next, you need to pick a domain name for your new website for your online business. The domain name is very important and needs to represent your niche as close as possible. For example, if your niche is Health, use a domain name that represents the health you are interested in writing about. You could choose something like OptimumHealthToday.com or something like that. I like that so much, I might use it myself after I research my niche first of course.
- Create your website – You need to create your website using the new domain name you just picked. But, how do you do that? The best way is to use a service that is available online that you can count on for hosting your site that has a good reputation and great support, and it doesn’t hurt if they have a great community of other affiliate marketers to help you out. You do not need an expensive online training and support forum to create your website. I used the WordPress theme to create my website and it was very easy with the platform I joined to create my website(s).
I personally love the training, support, community, hosting, security, and much more at Wealthy Affiliate. They aren’t the only thing out there, just the best at what they do and you can start out and even create two free websites and get some great training totally for free for the first seven days. You can even stay a free member for as long as you like, but you will be limited in the training and community unless you decide to get serious and become a Premium Member.
- Create Great Content – Now that you have your niche, your domain name, and your website, you need to start writing great content on subjects related to your niche. But what do you write about? Well, you write articles about anything related to your niche by first doing research on the keywords for your article. Keywords are critical to your content and you need to start out with keywords that don’t have much competition online. As a starter, you don’t need competition so Google will rank your content and your site higher and quicker. That is how you will get organic search traffic to your website. The more traffic you get, the more opportunities you will have to convert that traffic to sales and commissions. You can read all about Creating High-quality content RIGHT HERE.
The best keyword research tool I have found is called Jaaxy and you will get that free with your Wealthy Affiliate membership even as a starter. Or you can just create an account and use Jaaxy as your keyword research tool. Check out my full detailed review of Jaaxy by CLICKING HERE.
- Create Action Items – Now you need to create a way for people to click something in your content to get them to the product or service they are looking for. This is done by adding links, banners, images and any other button you want to create on your site. You can see them in this article where I have said things like CLICKING HERE or direct links to products. You can use Buy Now, Go Here, Join Now and many other buttons. You can create really cool buttons on Canva and it is free to join. I also like to add links to images to make it easy for readers to get to where they want to go. You will see some Banners in this content today that have links on them to take readers to various places to get the product or service they are looking for.
- Share to Social Media – You will need to share your content and links to as many social media outlets as you can. These need to include Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and any others you like that will get you as much traffic as possible. I really like to use a social media sharing platform to automate my content on social media. I recommend Social Jukebox for this sharing automation. They are easy to use and not expensive.
Great, you have your site with a carefully chosen domain name that supports your niche. You have some content and you have created links of various types to get readers to your affiliates and your commissions will start coming in soon. Be patient about commissions because it does take a little time for a lot of people to find your site. The more good content you create, the better Google will rank your content and your site and the more traffic you will see. Remember you are creating a business for the long term so you can achieve passive income as time goes by. I strongly recommend you get some affiliate marketing training to implement the things I have talked about so far, to make things much easier.
Is There Any High-Quality Training for Affiliate Marketing that is Affordable?
Yes, absolutely, there is some great training online that I strongly recommend. I already mentioned Wealthy Affiliate. They have the best training platform I have found for affiliate marketing and everything related. They have a great support community of experienced and successful affiliate marketers that are always willing to help you along the way. I am one of them and I am always happy to help any of our members with any question they may have. You can check out my full review of them and all the benefits by CLICKING RIGHT HERE and get started for free today.
My number two choice behind Wealthy Affiliate is more expensive but has some great training as well. CLICK HERE for more information on the Super Affiliate System.
The SECRET to Affiliate Marketing!
There really is only one SECRET to affiliate marketing and it is called CONTENT. That’s right, Content is King for affiliate marketing. If you create great content on a consistent basis, you will see high Google rankings, more organic traffic, and more conversions, which means more commissions and the passive income you are looking for. To find out how to write the best content that will get you consistently ranked on page one of Google, CLICK RIGHT HERE! You will not be disappointed.
You Will Succeed in Affiliate Marketing if You Will Do These Things.
Here are the main things you need to do to be a successful affiliate marketer:
- Get the training you need to do all the things I covered in this article. Yes, you could do it all on your own by researching everything online, and eventually, in several years, you might figure it out. Or get the training I revealed in this article and you will have a really good chance of becoming a great affiliate marketer in less than a year.
- Pick a great Niche.
- Pick the right domain name.
- Create an online business website.
- Create great CONTENT. Content is King!
- Monetize your website with links, banners, action buttons and whatever else works for you.
- Share your content to Social Media outlets. This gets you much more traffic.
- Eventually, you will need an email opt-in and autoresponder to really scale up your business.
- Optimize your site and your content for Search Engine Optimization. Read all about that HERE. You can also check out a bunch of Free Tools for SEO HERE.
It looks like there is a lot to affiliate marketing, but if you join one of the training programs I suggested, you can do it and be very successful in creating your online business. Having passive income will allow you to do all the things you want while your site rakes in the money you want.
Best of luck and please feel free to give any comments or questions in the comment section below. I would love if you would also share this with anyone you think might be interested in an online business in affiliate marketing.