Isn’t that a great question? Is Wealthy Affiliate (WA) the Real Deal or not? I know when people see Wealthy Affiliate advertised as the best affiliate marketing platform, they quickly assume it is just another online business or home based business scam.
I am here to tell you that could not be further from the truth.
In this article I am not reviewing Wealthy Affiliate, instead I am going to tell you all about my experience since I joined them. I have already done a very detailed review of Wealthy Affiliate that you are invited to read for yourself, by CLICKING HERE.
What Happened on My First Day With WA?
On my first day, I browsed all around the Wealthy Affiliate site to learn where everything was.
Next I created my profile and did my account setup. Also made sure to add my profile picture to my profile. Makes your profile more personal.
Made sure to fill in my subscription settings and billing details for going premium and buying my domain(s).
After I finished all my setup and profile stuff, I got right into Phase 1 of the training, which is all that is available to starter members. I really enjoyed learning completely new things about affiliate marketing and creating my first very own website.
Was it Hard to Create My First Website on WA?
Creating my first website was incredibly easy. I just went to the Websites tab and clicked on Site Builder. At that point all I had to do was follow the very straight forward prompts to create my site.
For my first site I selected the Free site domain which is best when just starting out. It is a site with the siterubix.com at the end, after you decide what your title should be.
You have to decide what your first niche is going to be in order to figure out what your title should be.
After I decided what my niche and title for my site would be, it was time to choose my site theme. As a free starter member, there are not a lot of theme choices, but there are plenty to get started. I chose the Hiero theme and I am still using it today. I like it a lot. Very easy to use and customize. And, once you become Premium, you can always change your theme.
After you choose your theme, all you have to do is click the Build This Site button and your site will be built. Done and done, just like that and my site was up and running, and I could even see it on the internet. Pretty cool!
Was the First 7 Days of Training Useful?
The first seven days of training is free to starter members and I took total advantage and soaked it all up. The first part of the training is called the Online Enterprise Certification (OEC) and is a total of five phases with a total of 50 lessons that will take you through step by step, the whole process to create your own online business. I loved it and learned so much in just a week in Phase 1 of the training. I had my site up and running and customized with my About Me page and even some content already, in the niche I had chosen.
Yes, I was excited to get my business going! And remember, this is the beginning of creating a business online. It is not a get rich quick scheme and should not be promoted as one.
So yes, the first seven free days of training are awesome, if you just apply yourself and follow it step by step. There is no rush, but I probably went a little faster than most because I am retired and had a lot of free time to get things going.
For me, it was clear that I was here for the long haul, so I went Premium in the first week.
Why Did I Become a Premium Member?
Wow, where do I start? There are so many benefits to going premium. I will provide a cool membership comparison that WA created and it will list the benefits. One thing not listed is the amazing community within WA, all of which are happy and willing to help everyone who joins with any questions they may have. And, there are some amazing SEO experts in that community that you will really appreciate. I know I do.
Some of the Benefits of going Premium at WA:
I should point out that when you first become Premium, your first month is only $19 if you go Premium within the first seven days. Just between you and me, Kyle is pretty good about extended the $19 dollar offer for the first month if you are an action taker and want to be a successful online business owner. But, don’t wait too long or you may have to pay full price, which is still far cheaper than any other affiliate training. You can also go Yearly, which is by far the best deal. That’s what I did. I figured give this a full year and see where it takes me.
And, can you believe you can create 50 sites if you want, as a Premium member. You really only need one dedicated niche site to replace your full time income, if you follow the training like I did, one step at a time.
I will be totally honest and tell you, it took me close to a year of really hard work before I started to make much money. But now, it is growing every day and I have even started a second site for a different niche.
If you have the dedication and determination to following the Wealthy Affiliate training and other processes, you can do it as well, and you may be able to do it much quicker than I did. I have seen many people start making good money in a few months.
I Have Come a Long Way in My First Full Year at WA.
I have learned so much in my first year at WA. I have also done a ton of my own research about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), because that is how you make your website get noticed by Google and other search engines.
Here is a pretty good list of everything I have done in my first year at WA. I probably forgot some stuff I did, but:
- Completed the Online Entrepreneur Certification in the first 30 days. This should take longer but I was determined.
- Created my initial website and eventually moved it to my first purchased Domain.
- Created the About Me page for my site.
- Created the required Affiliate Disclosure for my site.
- Created a Medical Disclaimer because my site is about Men’s Health and Low Testosterone and the related supplements.
- Created several Categories for the articles on my site.
- Created Menus that made sense for my niche on my site.
- Created over 100 posts. These include articles and product reviews.
- Created about 20 Blog posts so far on the WA blog.
- Created a Facebook page linked to my site to help get more free traffic.
- Joined several Affiliate Programs, like Amazon, Clickbank, ShareASale and many other.
- Joined Social Jukebox to automate posting the posts from my site on many social media sources as I scheduled.
- Posted all the articles I have written on my site on Google + and pinned many on Pinterest.
- Joined Quora and I asked and answered questions every day about topics related to my site.
- Joined Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Quora, WhatsApp, Facebook, Pinterest and many more that I have probably forgotten about.
- Created a second site to promote Wealthy Affiliate and to provide online business information and associated product reviews.
- Answered every comment for all the articles on both sites. Currently 945 comments on 122 posts for both sites. 107 posts on my first site as of the writing of this article.
- I have helped a lot of other WA members with problems, issues and questions.
- I have done and continue to do tons of research, I can’t even tell you how much. I have learned more than I ever thought possible about my current niches.
- I have also researched SEO until I am blue in the face. OK, so my face is more red than blue, but I now consider myself fluent in SEO, of course until Google once again changes their algorithm.
- I have started my email campaign, or at least started accumulating email addresses. I use OptinMonster and GetResponse for my opt-ins and my autoresponders. They are working great for me.
- I currently have just over 1300 followers here at WA.
- I have over 400 followers on my Facebook page for my niche site.
- I had about 300 followers G+, but Google has decided to eliminate G+ soon.
I am sure there is much more, but as you can see, I have done and continue to do a lot every day. I am making some money but not even close to where I will be in the future.
Remember, you should choose a niche that you are passionate about so writing will be easier. Also remember that it is important that you are doing this to help people. You are trying to solve a problem with your niche and if you can choose one that has little competition, even better.
I have seen many people succeed at affiliate marketing and online businesses, and I have seen some fail. But, every one I have seen fail, failed because they gave up. This is not for everyone, but for those willing to put in the work, it will produce passive income at some point that can truly replace your 9 – 5 job.
Is Wealthy Affiliate for Everyone?
The short answer is, probably not. Some people are just not really willing to follow the training and do the work. Many try to take shortcuts and in the end will lose a lot of money. Things like paid adds, paid backlinks, paid traffic and many other paid stuff that will be promised to you on social advertising will eat you alive.
Stay the course and follow the training here at Wealthy Affiliate and SEO your site to get free organic traffic. Eventually you will want to scale up and may pay for some adds, when you are really ready.
Join me Today and start creating your own online business, by CLICKING HERE.
I cannot say enough about how good Wealthy Affiliate has been to me and many others. I will be a Premium member for a very long time and I really hope some of you join me. If you do, I will help you every step of the way. I will also provide you with a few bonuses that I will tell you all about when you become a free starter member.
Best of luck to all and see you soon in the WA community!