There are a lot of ways to make money online, and sadly, there are just as many Scams online. The Scams always promise you can make money in a few minutes, when the real money making opportunities let you know you will be creating an online business. And you should know that any business, including online businesses take time to build and to become profitable. If you want to learn how to earn money from home working online, read on.
Today, I am going to mainly talk about the one online business that works for me. It is called Wealthy Affiliate.
What is Wealthy Affiliate (WA)?
This can be answered in so many ways because WA is so many things. In simple terms, it is a website that provides the services and training, that includes everything you will ever need to start, create and build your very own niche website, that can eventually make you a full time passive income from the comfort of your home or anywhere else you want to be. That means Freedom from your Boss! With WA and affiliate marketing, you get to work on your own terms, when you want, where you want and if you want.
But, I do want to make it very clear, this is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It requires hard work and dedication to the process. Remember you are building a real business that just happens to be online. It does take some time. I have seen people start making money in 1 – 3 months and I have seen it take over a year to start making any decent money, like me.
I won’t say WA is the only training available out there for affiliate marketing, I just tend to believe it is the best, until someone can prove me wrong. Good luck with that:)
Here is a summary of the benefits of Wealthy Affiliate, with even more on the way:
- Free Starter Membership – Big discounts to upgrade in the first seven days to Premium! You will see that is a no-brainer.
- Training that is easy to understand – Learn how to create your own website, choose a niche, do keyword research, write content, add images, add affiliate links, and more.
- Top of the line WordPress Sites and Editor – WordPress is easy to use and easy to use the editor to update your content.
- Register your own Domains – Includes Free Privacy protection, the best DNS available, Site Speed software, SSL Security, and so much more. Some of these benefits are for Premium members only, another great reason to become Premium.
- You get Unlimited Email Accounts – This is obviously for Domains registered with WA of transferred to WA and is Free for Premium members.
- Active Chat – You will have access to the live chat sessions to ask questions of this amazing experts at WA. Starter members will only have access to this for the first 7 days and then need to go premium.
- The Community – Ask questions of the active and very helpful community. Everyone at WA truly cares about your success and there is always someone online 24 hours a day across the globe to help you out.
- WA’s Affiliate Program – Wealth Affiliate has one of the internet’s best paying Affiliate Programs! If you don’t want to do a niche website, you can just promote WA on your website and may some serious money.
- Free WordPress Plugins – There is a ton of WordPress plugins available with your site to help you with every aspect of creating your fully functional online business. You can use as many or as few of them as you want, as long as you watch your site loading speed. You will learn all about that in the training.
I know there is much more but I don’t want to kill you with text. Suffice it to say, there is much more than what I just mentioned, but as you can see, the benefits just keep adding up, and you will see that the price is more reasonable that any other similar platform.
Want to try the Jaaxy Keyword Research tool?
Sounds pretty good so far I think, but what will you learn is all the WA training?
What Will a Newbie Learn at Wealthy Affiliate?
Rather than trying to describe the training to you, below is a great picture showing Level 1 with the first 10 lessons for Starters. As you can see, you will be setting up your own website with your Free Starter membership. How cool is that? You will even create your first content in this initial training and learn all about keywords, which are critical to getting your site recognized by search engines. Great start if you ask me.
And here are the benefits you will get from this Level of the Training:
The above Free training is more than you will find with any other Affiliate Marketing Training Program. Just this would cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars somewhere else.
What if you are not a technical person, or maybe you know nothing about the internet or websites, will you be able to follow the training and learn how to do all this for your self? In a word, YES!
Is Wealthy Affiliate Training Hard to Follow?
The training has been created in a very specific method that is step-by-step and in the order it needs to be for you to get started, all the way to monetizing your site, which his how you make money in affiliate marketing.
It is easy to follow, but you need to take your time and follow it piece by piece. Make sure you fully understand each lesson before you move on. If not, you can ask any of the WA Community members and they will gladly help you through any issue.
There are videos associated with each lesson to make it more visual. I learn better if I see things, rather than just reading a bunch of instructions.
You will do multiple tasks with each lesson before you can move on. Doing the tasks is how you will learn to implement what is in each lesson. I really like doing the tasks and since it is on your own site, it benefits the whole process to get it done the right way.
As I mentioned, you can ask questions along the way and get all the help you need, including from me any time. I love helping people learn how to make money online and I am actually pretty good at it, I think:)
As a starter member, you will only have access Level 1 of the training which includes 10 full lessons that will show you how affiliate marketing works and you will also learn all about how to navigate the whole WA site. There is a lot o great information in this first Level, and you can even create two FREE websites of your own that you get to keep and work on for a full six months. After that you would go premium and transfer those to sites to a better Domain that you will choose, that WA will even host for you.
Once you move past the starter membership and go Premium, you will then have access to all the training and everything else Wealth Affiliate has to offer. This includes a ton of weekly recorded webcasts that are awesome and full of great information for your business.
I know, it all sounds to good to be true, but it really is. But, we all know there must be some Pros and Cons with even Wealthy Affiliate, right?
What are the Pros and Cons of Wealthy Affiliate?
Here are just some of the Wealthy Affiliate Pros in my opinion:
- Free to start – Where else can you find that? And, two free starter websites plus 10 lessons of training. Wow!
- Excellent Affiliate Marketing Training – Step-by-step easy to follow training.
- Weekly Webinars – Wealthy Affiliates training Guru Jay, does a great job with the webinars that are full of useful information.
- Amazing Online Community – You just can’t beat this awesome community of members anxious to help you.
- Live Chat – There is live chat available 24hrs a day that is full of affiliate marketing experts to help you.
- Keyword Research Tool – Premium get access to Jaaxy Lite, an awesome keyword research tool. This used to not be free.
- Free WordPress – WordPress is the most used website tool around and is free. Also has a great easy to use editor.
- Certificate Programs – There are two certification programs. One is for niche sites and one is a bootcamp to learn how to promote WA on your own site. Some people do one or the other, or both.
- No SPAM allowed – WA members do not promote anything to the members.
- WA Affiliate Program – The WA affiliate program is one of the best in the industry and pays well if you want to promote it.
- Affiliate Programs – You will have access to thousands of affiliate programs listed on the WA site so you won’t have to go searching for them yourself. This is pretty new and really cool.
- Constant Updates – The WA crew is constantly updating the site and the tools to make things even better. They really want to see all WA members succeed.
Wealthy Affiliate Cons:
- You really have to go Premium to get enough affiliate marketing training to be successful. If you don’t go Premium, you will have to figure out a lot on your own, and it could take years.
- The WA community has a ranking system. The more you do to help people in the community, the higher you can get ranked within Wealth Affiliate. This is good and bad. It can make you feel good, but it isn’t doing anything for your website and can be addicting. You really need to focus on your site.
- The training is comprehensive, so you have to make sure you really get it or you will waste a lot of time and have to go back and go through it again to pick up what you missed.
- Some people will be overwhelmed by the daily and weekly tasks during the training, especially the amount of quality content you have to write. You will get better as you go along and it does get easier.
The Pros far outweigh the Cons because this is an awesome training and hosting platform.
The following picture/graphic gives a great overview of how Affiliate Marketing works and you will learn all of this at Wealthy Affiliate.
How Much Does Wealthy Affiliate Cost? FREE to Start!
As I said, it is totally Free to start and no Credit Card is needed. Try to find that anywhere else where you still get 10 lessons of great Free training.
Premium is $49 a month, but the first month can be had for $19 if you sign up in the first seven days of your starter membership.
Yearly membership makes it even cheaper and the Black Friday deal is by far the best. Black Friday is usually in November each year and is a great deal.
Here is the breakdown directly from the Wealth Affiliate website for Free and Premium Members:
There are also new payment plans available that you will be able to see once you sign up.
Is WA for you?
Is Wealthy Affiliate for Everyone?
It is hard for me to figure out who would not benefit from this program. Really the only people who would not, are those that are looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, or those who just aren’t willing to put in the work and dedicate themselves to the training.
Here is a list of just some of the people this is perfect for:
⇒ If you are looking for a way to supplement your income, this may be for you.
⇒ Do you want to replace current JOB (Just Over Broke), with your own online business? This is for you.
⇒ Want to work for yourself, this is for you.
⇒ Stat at home moms who want to work from home, you can do this.
⇒ Looking to learn all about Affiliate Marketing, this is for you.